• Increased motorization/urbanization/migration India faces severe road congestion in most areas.
• CAGR of motor vehicles over 10%; growth in road network only 4% causing congestion – impacting road safety.
• Road safety holistic issue – involving roads, motor vehicles and human beings.
• Needs coordination between different stakeholders.
• In a federal set up much depends on efforts of States to mobilise data on road accidents.
Road Safety In India
National Road Safety Action Plan 2015ã¢â‚¬â€œ2017
National Road Safety Policy